Pulihara is an all time favorite in many households… Atukulu pulihara is the flattened rice version of the traditional pulihara.
Cooking time: 25 mins
Prep time: 10 mins
Atukulu (flattened rice) – 2 cups
Peanuts – 1/2 cup (dry fry)
Tamarind paste – 1/4 cups
Green chillies – 4 (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Oil – 1 table spoon
Salt to taste
Seasoning: Mustard seeds, chana dal – 1/4 pinch each, heeng – 2 pinches, Red chili – 4 (dried)
1) Wash atukulu with water and drain the water.
2) In a heated pan – add oil, seasoning. Let them pop.
3) Add washed and drained atukulu to the pan. Lower the heat to a medium at this point.
4) Add turmeric, green chillies, tamarind paste, salt. Mix thoroughly.
5) Add salt to taste and dry fried peanuts- mix well.
Atukulu pulihara is ready to eat 🙂