Dosa is my all time favorite… here is an easy podi-oinion dosa recipe 🙂
Cooking time: 10 mins
Prep time (for dosa batter): over night; for chickpea powder: 15-20 mins
Ingredients for chickpea powder:
Blackgram – 1/2 cup
Red chili powder- 1 table spoons
Ground nuts – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Ingredients for dosa batter:
Rice – 3 cups
Urad dal – 1 1/2 cup
Soak them over night separately and bring them in the morning to make batter. Add salt to taste and mix well.
Onions: 1 (finely chopped)
Recipe for chickpea powder:
1) Dry fry the ingredients; let them cool.
2) Grind them into fine powder.
Recipe for dosa:
1) Heat the pan and sprinkle some oil; in a round spatula take the dosa batter and roll it out on the pan.
2) Add onions and sprinkle chickpea powder on the dosa. Do not flip the dosa after adding onion and powder.
3) Let the dosa cook about 4 mins.
Onion dosa is ready to eat 🙂 Yummmmm…