Undrallu is a delicacy during Ganesh Chaturthi. It is Lord Ganesh’s favorite food! Very simple and easy to make.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Rice – 11/2 cup
Chana dal – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 2 table spoons
Salt to taste
* Before cooking the rice, grind it in a blender into smaller granules (please don’t make it into a fine powder). *
* Soak chana dal 30 minutes before making Undrallu. *
1) Cook the ground rice and chana dal in a traditional pressure cooker or an electric cooker.
2) Add salt to taste and ghee; mix well.
3) Make laddus sized (or desired size) undrallu.
CAUTION: Please be careful while making the laddus as the cooked rice and dal will be very hot!
Undrallu are ready to serve! Best when served with any kind of pickle.
Garnish with coriander and peanut rice is ready to eat.