Peanut rice is an easy alternative for a flavored rice!
** Peanut rice **
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Dry roasted peanuts – 1/4 cup
Coconut – 1/2 cup
Rice – 2 cups
Ghee – 2 table spoons
Salt to taste
Coriander to garnish
Mustard seeds – 1/2 table spoon
Chana dal – 1/2 table spoon
Dried red chillies – 3/4
Heeng – 1 pinches
1) Cook rice in a traditional pressure cooker or an electric cooker.
2) In a heated pan, add ghee and wait unit it melts. Add peanuts, roast them for 2 minutes; now add the seasoning and let it pop.
3) To this pan, add the cooked rice and shredded coconut; add salt and mix well.
Garnish with coriander and peanut rice is ready to eat.
4) When you get the aroma of rasam, add salt to taste and coriander to garnish
5) In a small seasoning skillet, add oil and ingredients for seasoning; let them pop. Add this seasoning to the rasam (while adding please be careful as the oil from seasoning might pop on your hands/face)
Rasam is ready to eat with rice! Add a dab of ghee to enjoy the dish further!