Capsicum rice is the best way to ‘gobble-gobble’ on colorful veggies!
** Capsicum rice **
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Bell peppers (green and red) – 1 (diced)
Green peas – 100 grams
Peanut powder – 2 table spoons
Sesame powder – 1 1/2 table spoons
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 table spoon
* Peanut powder – Dry roast peanuts; cool to room temperature and grind into fine powder. *
* Sesame powder – Dry roast sesame seeds and 4 dried red chillies; cool to room temperature and grind into fine powder *
1) Wash rice and cook it in an electric or traditional rice cooker.
2) In a heated skillet, add 1 table spoon oil and veggies. Lower the heat to a medium; cook them for 10 mins.
3) Add peanut and sesame powder, salt to taste to the veggies; mix thoroughly.
4) Now add the cooked basmati rice into skillet and mix thoroughly.
Capsicum rice is ready to eat!