Aloo paratha with yogurt is one of my favorite all time breakfast combo! Its an easy to make, healthy dish.
** Aloo paratha **
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup ( Keep a little flour for rolling the rotis)
Oil – 1 table spoon
Salt – 2 pinches
Water as needed (luke warm water preferably)
Aloo – 2 (large and boiled)
Green chillies – 5 (finely chopped)
Coriander – 3 table spoons (chopped)
Jeera powder – 1/2 table spoon
Salt to taste
1) Knead the dough, salt, and oil with luke warm water (as needed). Make small balls of 2 inches each.
2) In a bowl, mash the boiled aloo’s and add chopped green chillies, coriander, jeera powder, and salt to taste. Mix thoroughly. Make balls 3 1/2 inches each.
3) Using a roller pin, roll out dough (2 inches ball) into a roti and place the aloo ball in the middle. Wrap and seal this rolled out roti with aloo and make a ball.
4) Take this ball of roti stuffed with aloo and make a paratha using the roller pin.
5) Heat the skillet on a high flame; cook the paratha. Add ghee or oil and flip the paratha to cook uniformly on both sides.
Paratha is ready to eat! Best when served with pickle or/and yogurt. Enjoy!