Poori and sabji is made in all states in India. Each state cooks the sabji with different spices.. but this recipe is quick and simple.
**Poori and aloo sabji**
Cooking time: 25 mins
Preparation time: 20 mins
Ingredients for poori:
Atta ( wheat flour) – 2 cups (12 ounces each cup)
Oil – 3 table spoons
Salt to taste
Luke warm water – 2 cups
**In a mixing bowl – pour 2 table spoons of oil, salt and atta. Knead the atta while adding luke warm water to make the poori dough**
Ingredients for aloo sabji:
Aloo (potato) – 2 (diced)
Onion (large) – 1 (diced)
Green chillies – 5 (finely chopped)
For seasoning: mustard seeds (2 table spoons), chana dal (1 table spoon), dried red chillies (2), and oil (2 table spoons)
Recipe for sabji:
1) Heat the skillet with 2 table spoons of oil. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, and dried red chillies; let them pop.
2) Add diced onions and green chillies into this and mix thoroughly. Fry the onions till they turn golden brown and add the potatoes. At this point lower the heat to medium and cover the skillet with its lid.
3) After 5 mins, add 1/2 cup of water and let it cook for 10 mins (this allows the potatoes to cook thoroughly).
4) Add salt to taste and the sabji is ready.
Recipe for poori:
1) Heat a pan with oil to fry poori’s.
2) Divide the dough small balls (about golf-ball size) , and roll out into 2.5″ rounds on an oiled board.
3) Fry them one by one is the heated oil (please be careful while slipping the poori into oil as its temperature will be hot).
Poori’s are ready to eat!
Enjoy poori and aloo sabji.