The synonyms that I relate to Paneer are – yummy, can never go wrong, delicious, and everyone’s favorite. Surprisingly, my friend and co-blogger Niranjan ain’t a very big fan of paneer. However, hopefully one day he will get to liking it too!!
Here is a superb and spicy recipe to make paneer.
** Spicy Paneer **
Cooking time : 15 mins
Preparation time: 25-30 mins
Paneer – 1/2 cup of grated paneer.
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Tomatoes – 2 ( cut into small pieces)
Pepper or Capsicum – 1 (cut into small pieces)
Green chillies – 4
Cumin powder – 1 tablespoon
Chilli powder – 1/2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
1) Heat the pan with a tablespoon of oil. Add chopped onion and fry till they are golden brown.
2) Add tomatoes; let the onions and tomatoes cook till the water from tomatoes vaporizes.
3) Add capsicum and cover the pan with the lid. Turn down the flame from high to medium and let it cook for 5 mins.
4) Add grated panner and green chillies to the tomato+onion+capsicum. Sprinkle salt and chilli powder and mix thoroughly.
5) Garnish with coriander and its ready to serve! 🙂
Enjoy the spicy paneer with rice or roti/naan.